James Allen (November 28,1864 – 1912) was a British philosophical writer known for his inspirational books and poetry. His best known work, As a Man Thinketh, was mass produced since its publication in 1902, has inspired millions around the world and is partly responsible for launching an entire self-improvement industry. It has provided a key source of ideas to countless bestselling motivational and self-help authors of the twentieth and twenty-first centuries. As with many of Allen’s works, the book’s launch was quiet and its full impact was not felt until after his passing.
In As a Man Thinketh, James Allen shows how our thoughts and ideals determine the sort of person we become. Og Mandino counted As a Man Thinketh among the top ten success books of all time. Now in the public domain, As a Man Thinketh is a classic in the truest sense: few books have been so widely read, have stood the test of time so well, have had such an impact on generations of readers, and have carried such a simple, profound message: You are what you think.
“As A Man Thinketh” will inspire every reader to make their ideals become their reality. If you really want to create a better reality for yourself, become aware of the power of your thoughts and you will create the life of your dreams!
As A Man Thinketh – eCourse via Webinar
We recently ran a five week (10 hour) As A Man Thinketh webinar eCourse for the benefit of Savvy team members, their family and invited guests, and it was a tremendous success. Allen’s overall teaching that: “All that we achieve and all that we fail to achieve is the direct result of our own thoughts” is a concept that many know these days, but we often forget that it is being applied in their lives every day.
It is an ideal program for anyone who is willing to work together with a handful of other for the betterment of themselves, their community or even the world. What’s required to get the most benefit is a spirit of positive, harmonious co-operation and the intention to create a better life for themselves and others. Those people willing to do this will thus achieve a happier, healthier, wealthier and more harmonious life and contribute powerfully into that field of intention.
The program, as well as reviewing the As A Man Thinketh text, provided additional tools within the ecourse that dramatically accelerated this success. We encourage you to apply what you learned if you participated in the program, apply it in your personal or business life. Following is some of the many glowing reports we’ve had back from attendees. Joan S. first of all, answered some questions we asked, regarding the program.
Joan: “Thank you both so much for this program. I’ve loved every moment of it and I’m going to reread the book tomorrow when I wake. It’s really had a profound effect on me this time around and has given me a quite few new ideas. I thought the program was incredible.”
Question: Do you think the homework and exercises had any part to play in your being able to get more out of the text this time than ever before?
Joan: Going through “As A Man Thinketh” slowly, with “homework” and with having time between segments made a huge difference. It gave me time to think about and ponder on each value/lesson instead of having dozens of lessons piled on top of each other – and there were certainly a lot.
Question: Did these exercises and homework help cement any of the content of the book or of your vision, do you think?
Joan: Each week the values/lessons became my “daily discipline”. The information in the book is not at all new. I’ve heard it many times before. However, for some “strange” reason, I’ve had to re-learn each lesson/value. I said “It’s funny (maybe not) how we can read something, or hear something, several times, and not actually “hear” nor “see” it”. It’s as if I heard things for the very first time.
Question: Do you think it was the reading and discussion, or going through it slowly week by week, that made the biggest difference this time round?
Joan: It’s very difficult to know what has had the greatest impact. What I can say though, is that studying this book and doing the ecourse, in the way you’ve planned it, has been the catalyst for me to make some huge decisions. I’ve said it many times, over the last few years, and I’ll say it again, “Thank you both so much for all you’ve done for me”. I love you both, very much.
Margarget Lambie: Thank you for presenting As a Man Thinketh it has been an awesome webinar, once again you have done a fantastic job. The Savvy Team is extremely fortunate to have you both share your dedication and your knowledge with us. Many years back I remember I was a happy, bubbly, calm person with self control and I had a song in my voice. However as time goes by life has thrown some tough challenges my way and I believe during these challenges I have lost sight of my true self and my song is out of tune. Studying as A Man Thinketh has brought back those happy memories of how I once was and thankfully I can now visualise myself back in that happy space. Although I still have some personal challenges ahead of me this year, I feel I can now manage my thinking in a more positive way to prevent these challenges effecting my personal self. The program has also helped me to understand how I can change the way I react to my thinking when negatives come my way from others. I can now say to myself “no you may think that and that is your reality, it is not mine so I choose my own thinking.” Hopefully if I can keep this up I may be able to move forward more positively.” As a Man Thinketh is now part of my weekly reading as a reminder to keep me on my path. Thank You.
It contains everlasting truths that will change your life. Joan Suosaari wrote a synopsis of “As A Man Thinketh” which we thought would be nice to share.
“Mind is the Master power that moulds and makes”
You are what you think is the basis of this simple yet very profound message. The book contains more wisdom than most people acquire in a lifetime. It’s a tremendous read and illustrates the power our thoughts have over our health, our actions, our character, and our circumstances. It’s as relevant today as it was when it was written in 1902 and I believe it should be read a couple of times each year. “As A Man Thinketh” will inspire you to make your ideals become your reality. A few of the tidbits of wisdom include:
- think about the words you say and be aware at all times of your thoughts. Every thought you think creates that very reality for you. You are the architect of your own life.
- manifest in your life whatever you desire.
- visualize yourself as if you already ARE where you want to be and having the state of well-being you desire; see it, feel it, hear it, taste it and experience the emotions that well up inside.
- change your attitude and your behavior to what you want drawn into your life.
- take care of yourself; be active and eat healthily because healthy and active people think of themselves as being healthy and active.
- think of yourself as being wealthy and having it all because wealthy people are motivated to go after what they want and to have a leisurely lifestyle.
- maintain your focus on the things you desire.
- take every negative thought as it arises and immediately change it into a positive one because there is good and beauty in all things.
- what you see and what you think draws more of the same to you.
- become the actor and act the part. Put on your best so you feel your best.
- see yourself as having money and spending it, but don’t expect to have it if you aren’t willing to work for it.
- be grateful for all things; for what you have as well as for what you do not have.
- visualize yourself as being prosperous and before long you will have it.
- be open and receptive to having what you desire; know that you should have it and know that you are worthy to receive it.
- surround yourself with beautiful things; they don’t have to be expensive; pick a flower from the garden.
- keep thinking and seeing yourself as obtaining whatever it is you desire and you will gradually become and obtain it.
We encourage you to participate in the Savvy Personal Development programs, and if you are interested in finding out when the first one for 2011 is being held, contact [email protected]